Implant Training for Nurses
Start date: 15 Oct 2019
End date: 15 Oct 2019
Our one day implant course for nurses will help you become confident in assisting and supporting your dentist in implant procedures. Whether you are new to implant nursing or already experienced, this course will enable you to achieve a greater understanding of your role during implant placement and increase both your confidence and competence.
This hands-on course entitles you to 7 hours of verifiable CPD and provides you with opportunity to assist in live implant placement as well as learning the required theoretical procedures and protocols.
Aims & Objectives:
- To introduce you to dental implant surgery in general practice.
- To provide you with the knowledge and confidence to assist and support an implant procedure.
- To learn how to carry out full and partial draping techniques required for implant placement.
- To assist live implant placement procedures and postoperative cleaning and maintenance protocols of the instruments.
Planning and documentation
Patient preparation and care
Set up of surgery instruments
Gowning and gloving techniques
Hands-on implant placement of dummy implants on models
Observation and assistance of implant placement
- Course level: Fundamental courses
- Language: English
- Course duration (days): 1
- CE credits: 7
- Course fee:
- Max. participants: 15
Gaynor is Nursing Manager at Devonshire House Dental Practice and manages a team of 27 Nurses. Gaynor joined Devonshire House in 2016 having previously worked as a Dental Nurse, Receptionist and Practice Manager/Administrator in community dental services and general practice. Gaynor also worked for Denplan Ltd for a number of years helping support practice teams and presenting training courses on their behalf. Gaynor has a wealth of dental knowledge and delivers the theoretical aspects of the nurse course with assistance from senior nurses at the practice.View more
Cambridge, CB22 3GN Get directions